- 600 grams 00 flour
- 400 grams water, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 16 grams salt
- olive oil, for greasing
24h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Place a medium size bowl on top of lid and weigh 320 grams of flour. Set aside.
2. In mixing bowl, weigh 320 grams of water. Add yeast and honey to the water avoiding the blades. Place lid on with MC inserted. 30 seconds/speed 2.
3. Remove MC from lid. 90 seconds/speed 2 while slowing adding flour into bowl.
4. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula. 30 seconds/speed 2 until well combined.
5. Pour poolish into an airtight container and allow to sit for 2 hours at room temperature or until poolish has doubled in size. Place into fridge for 17 hours.
- 1. Remove poolish from the fridge after the 17 hour cold ferment and allow to sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Lightly oil a large bowl and set aside.
3. Place a medium size bowl on top of lid and weigh 280 grams of flour. Set aside.
4. Weigh 80 grams of water into mixing bowl. Add salt avoiding the blades. Place MC into lid. 60 seconds/speed 4.
5. Add poolish into mixing bowl. Place MC into lid. 30 seconds/speed 2.
6. Remove MC from lid. 60 seconds/speed 2 while slowly adding flour into bowl.
7. Place MC back into lid. 2 minutes/knead function.
8. Tip dough onto silicone mat and form into a ball. Lightly oil the surface of the dough and cover with cling wrap. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Remove cling wrap and reshape and fold back into a ball. Place dough into oiled bowl, lightly oil the surface of the dough and cover bowl with cling wrap. Allow to prove for 2 hours at room temperature or until doubled in size.
10. Divide dough and weigh equally into 4 balls at approximately 250 grams each. Place into an airtight container and allow to rest for 2 hours at room temperature or until dough balls are doubled in size.
11. Use as desired.
Accessories you need
Please note this is a long ferment dough recipe.
For example, if wanting to cook pizzas at 12pm then start your poolish at 12pm the day before. If wanting to cook pizzas at 6pm then start your poolish at 6pm the night before.
This dough is recommended for cooking specifically in a high temperature pizza oven.
Cooking time and temperature recommendation is 400 degrees celcius at 60-90 seconds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana
- THERMOMUMMA STEWED APPLE
- Variation Quick and easy bread rolls
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Muesli Slice