THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 grams Cheddar cheese, cut into pieces
- 500 grams chicken tenderloins
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 500 grams water
- 80 grams Salsa, plus extra if you want for serving
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, or less if you prefer very mild
- 1/2 tsp onion power
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 wraps, 20cm/8-inch
- cooking spray
- 2 Ripe Avocados
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If you prefer to use your Thermomix to chop your spring onions and coriander, do this first and set aside in a small bowl.
I personally prefer to chop them myself, as I like to be able to see the little round circles from the spring onions and I like my coriander leaves roughly chopped, rather than blitzed. If you are the same, then you can chop them up yourself while the chicken is cooking.
- Place cheddar cheese into mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 8/MC on. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Season both sides of tenderloins well with salt and pepper. Arrange each piece evenly onto Varoma tray (top part, leaving bottom dish of Varoma empty). I actually put down baking paper first and then lay the chicken out on that, as I find it makes the tray so much easier to clean at the end. Put Varoma lid on.
Add 500g water to bowl. (I don't worry about washing the bowl after chopping the cheese). Place Varoma into position. Cook 20 mins/Varoma/speed 2.
While chicken is cooking, preheat oven to 220°C & line a baking tray with baking paper.
Now is the time to manually chop the spring onions and coriander, if you didn't blitz them in the Thermomix at the start.
I also juice the lime at this stage and cut open and remove the seeds from the avocados.
- Once chicken has cooked, discard water. Place cooked chicken into bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 4, MC on.
- Scrape down bowl. Add salsa, 85g cream cheese, juice of half a lime (the rest of the cream cheese and other half of the lime juice will be used when making the avocado dip), cumin, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander, spring onions and reserved cheddar cheese. Mix 5 sec/speed 4, MC on.
- Spoon approximately 3 - 4 tablespoons of the mixture onto the lower third of each wrap. Roll up tightly and place seam side down onto lined baking tray. Arrange so each roll is not touching the other.
- Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray and then sprinkle with salt (and pepper if you wish).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
While wraps are baking in the oven, clean and dry the mixing bowl.
Add avocado flesh, remaining cream cheese (165g), juice from the remaining half of the lime and a good grinding of salt and pepper. Mix 10 sec/speed 6, MC on.
- Serve wraps with avocado dip (and salsa if you wish).
- The chicken mixture can be prepared a day in advance and left in the fridge until you are ready to assemble and bake.
- You can substitute the wraps for tortillas if you wish. If you feel the wraps may break when you try to roll them, microwave them for a few seconds first. This will make them more pliable and easier to roll.
- The wraps can be frozen. Prepare as per steps above, but don't spray with oil or sprinkle with salt. You can roll them in baking paper and arrange in a single layer in the freezer, until frozen. Once frozen, transfer into a freezer bag or container and keep frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to cook, transfer to a lined baking tray (no need to thaw first). Spray with oil, sprinkle with salt and bake at 220°C for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Serving & Additional Info
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mushroom and Pancetta Risotto
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge
- OLD STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- spinach frittata
- Til’s lazy curry chicken
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup