- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 100 g fresh red chillis, stems removed
- 60 g garlic
- 65 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 10 g fresh lemon juice
- 6 chicken Maryland, skin on
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), as required
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 70 g Harissa, (see above)
- 100 g onion, cut into pieces
- 500 g carrot, cut into pieces
- 220 g chicken stock
- Coarse seal salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground to taste
- 180 g fresh orange juice
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented, plus extra for garnish
Place seeds into mixing bowl and dry roast for 10 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set aside to cool.
Soak chillies in enough boiling water to cover for 5 minutes, then drain through simmering basket.
Return roasted seeds to mixing bowl and mill for 7 sec/speed 10.
Add garlic and EVOO and chop 3 sec/speed 8. Sauté for 6 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add salt, lemon juice and chillies and blend for 1 min/speed 7 or until a paste is formed. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat step.
Place in a sterilised airtight jar with a thin layer of EVOO on top.
Place chicken into large baking dish and drizzle with EVOO and seasoning. Set aside.
Place onion and 1 tsp EVOO into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Sauté for 5 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Add carrots and chop for 5 sec/speed 7 with the aid of the spatula.
Add chicken stock and cook 13 min/100 C/speed 2.
Add 30g EVOO and puree 30 sec/speed 9. Adjust seasoning to taste and set carrot puree aside in ThermoServer.
Pre-heat oven to hottest grill setting possible.
Heat grill pan over high heat and sear chicken breasts on both sides. Brush with Harissa, place back into baking dish and continue to grill until cooked through (20 - 30 minutes).
Place salt and pepper, orange juice and butter into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
Insert Butterfly and cook for 10 min/100 C/speed 3.
Add segmented orange pieces and cook for 4 min/100 C/speed 2.
Divide carrot puree between serving plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with sauce and add a few orange segments, mixed greens, olives and spring onions to serve.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Genovese pasta
- Singapore Hokkien Mee
- Berry, banana breakfast smoothie
- Hazelnut, pear and apple yoghurt
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Mumbai Escort Recipe
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Taco rissoles
- Zucchini balls
- Zucchini Relish / Pickle
- Zucchini Bread and Butter Pickle
- Zucchini and Bean Chutney
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Plum and Zucchini Relish