THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil or Ghee
- 1 onion, Large (halved)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1-2 pinches cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can coconut cream, 400ml
- 700 g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks (can use up to 1kg)
- 1 bunches coriander leaves, to serve
- 500 grams cauliflower, (broken into florets)
- 500 grams water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- ***would highly recommend using the cashews to thicken the sauce. Add 100g to your bowl, mill for 10 eed 9, then set aside. When dish is finished, add cashews and let sit for about 5 mins***
I have started to add an extra dose of spices and am really liking that version, add another half portion to the original recipe (1.5 tsp cumin instead of 1 etc). I have also been adding a tsp of cinnamon.
- Add onion to the bowl and chop 5 secs/ sp 4
Add 2 tbs of the coconut oil - Saute 4 min/120 deg / "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
Add garlic, chop 3 sec/ sp 7/ MC on
Add all spices & saute 2min/100 deg/ "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
Add the tomato paste & cook 1min/120deg/ "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
Add salt, lemon juice, coconut cream and remaining coconut oil- mix 3 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /sp 3/ MC off
Cook for 5 min/ 80 deg/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /sp 1/ MC off
Add chicken, cook 11 mins/100 deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" / MC on
Check chicken is cooked through & garnish with coriander and serve with cauliflower rice.
If using milled cashews stir through and sit for 5 mins prior to serving (or while you make the cauli rice)
Image credit- Pete Evans cookbook " Family Food"
- 1.Add florets to the bowl
2.Chop 5 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" / sp 5
3. Transfer "rice" to steaming basket
4. Add water and cook 10-12 min/ Varoma/sp 3
Cooking time depends on your preference of texture.
Accessories you need
***If you would like to have a thicker sauce, mill 100g of raw cashews at the beginning of the recipe, set aside and add at the end, stirring through with spatula.
***You can easily add up to 1kg of chicken thighs to this recipe!
*** This is delicious served with a dollop of coyo or Greek/natural yoghurt if able to have dairy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Ukrainian Crepes
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Chilli Chicken Saag
- Impossible quiche
- Potsticker dumplings and broth
- Zucchini Bacon & Cheese Slice
- Seafood Curry Laksa
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters