- 200 g Egg noodles nest, dried
- 65 g olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, quartered
- 1 --- chilli, (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, (400g)
- 1 pinch All-Spice, ground
- 2 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green bell pepper (or capsicum), cut into strips
- 0.25 litres chicken or vegetable stock, (1/2 Tblspn EDC stock; 250mL water)
- 2 tablespoons Chipotles en adobo
- pinch brown sugar
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- sour cream to serve
- lime wedge to serve
- Oil for frying
- 1 corn cob, kernels only, garnish
In a pan shallow fry egg noodle nests in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
Place onion and chilli (if adding) into TM bowl and chop 3secs/sp5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add Olive oil and saute 5mins/varoma/sp1 or until onions translucent.
Add tomatos, all spice, bell pepper, capers, bay leaf, sugar, stock, chipotles en adobo, salt & pepper. Simmer 20min/100degrees/Sp2/Reverse. Replace MC with simmer basket.
Pour the sauce mixture into your Thermoserver and place the fried egg noddles into the sauce.
After 10mins stir the chopped coriander through the egg noodle mixutres. The noodles should still hold their shape but the nests will unwind.
Serve immediately topped with sour cream and a lime wedge.
Accessories you need
Can also add crab meat of char grilled chorizo for a meat based dish.
Lightly fry some corn on the cob, remove kernals and sprinkle over noodles to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon