- 200 g Egg noodles nest, dried
- 65 g olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, quartered
- 1 --- chilli, (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, (400g)
- 1 pinch All-Spice, ground
- 2 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 green bell pepper (or capsicum), cut into strips
- 0.25 litres chicken or vegetable stock, (1/2 Tblspn EDC stock; 250mL water)
- 2 tablespoons Chipotles en adobo
- pinch brown sugar
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- sour cream to serve
- lime wedge to serve
- Oil for frying
- 1 corn cob, kernels only, garnish
In a pan shallow fry egg noodle nests in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
Place onion and chilli (if adding) into TM bowl and chop 3secs/sp5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add Olive oil and saute 5mins/varoma/sp1 or until onions translucent.
Add tomatos, all spice, bell pepper, capers, bay leaf, sugar, stock, chipotles en adobo, salt & pepper. Simmer 20min/100degrees/Sp2/Reverse. Replace MC with simmer basket.
Pour the sauce mixture into your Thermoserver and place the fried egg noddles into the sauce.
After 10mins stir the chopped coriander through the egg noodle mixutres. The noodles should still hold their shape but the nests will unwind.
Serve immediately topped with sour cream and a lime wedge.
Accessories you need
Can also add crab meat of char grilled chorizo for a meat based dish.
Lightly fry some corn on the cob, remove kernals and sprinkle over noodles to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- lchf fish cardomon curry
- Alice's Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Lamb Kofta Rissoles Burgers
- South Indian Cauliflower Curry
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Chilli Con Carne
- Squid Spaghetti
- Spicy sugar free tomato chutney
- Bean Salad with hazelnut dressing
- Variation Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick & Spicy)
- Quick Asian Noodle soup