- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Plain Flour.
- 250 g Milk
- 4 eggs seperated
- 80 g grated cheese
- 250 g cream cheese
- 125 g Sundried Tomatos, Drained
- 2 slices Fried Bacon, Chopped
- 1 red onion
Preheat oven to 180 deg FAN. Grease and line a 38cm x 25cm Swiss roll pan. Fry 2 Rashers of bacon and chop.
Put butter, flour and milk in bowl, cook 3 mins/90 deg/sp 4.
Scrape sides and cook for a further 3 mins/90 deg/ sp4
In the second 3 min, gradually add egg yolks and grated cheese through hole in lid. Season well with salt and pepper. Set aside or if you have 2 bowls leave in bowl 1 with lid on to keep warm.
If only one bowl, clean bowl thoroughly and dry. Insert butterfly and beat egg whites 3 mins/50 deg/sp 4. Lid off.
Slightly fold egg white into egg yolk/cheese mixture with Spatulah , then pulse twice for 1 sec to completely mix.
Spread into prepared pan, and bake 10-15mins or until golden. Once cooked, roll the mixture in its paper into the roll shape and rest for 5 min.
Clean bowl thoroughly and dry. Blitz Sundried tomatoes with the pulse function.
Chop onion into 1/4rs and drop on running blades sp 5 till finely cut. (about 30 sec). Add chopped bacon and cream cheese and mix well
Unroll slightly cooled roulade, Spread filling over
Carefully roll the roulade back up in its baking paper from the long side. Cover the whole thing with clingfilm. Chill or freeze.
Unwrap roulade. If chilled slice into 2 cm thick rounds. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins at 200 deg, or until heated through.
If frozen, let it thaw for 30 min then slice into 2cm rounds while still firm. Place on lined baking tray and bake for 30 mins at 135 deg, or until heated through.
1: Preparation time is only about 30 mins but if you are chilling only you need to start a good 6 hrs ahead to allow for refrigeration.
2: By rolling the mixture while its hot (straight from the oven) helps prevents cracking
3: Using heat for egg whites works a treat!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Choo Chee Curry (mild version)
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge
- OLD STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- spinach frittata
- Til’s lazy curry chicken
- Christmas Quiche
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Fudgy-Wudgy Chocolate Cookies
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Golden Sultana Cake
- 3 Ingredient Easy Lemon Tarts
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Vegan Cheesy Sauce
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce