- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cm ginger, peeled
- 500 g chicken breast, finely sliced
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 400 g coconut cream
- 700 g water
- 400 g jasmine or basmati rice
- 150 g green beans, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 150 g broccoli or broccolini florets
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 handfuls Asian greens, Bok choy, Gai Lan, Choy Sum, Wombok, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs Thai basil or Sweet basil
- 2 long green chillies, halved (keep or remove seeds depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 tsp Rapadura Sugar
- 3 sprigs coriander, leaves only
- 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock paste
- 100 g raw cashews
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- juice of a lime
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place 2 cloves garlic and half the ginger in Thermomix bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Place chicken in a medium bowl. Add 2 tsp sesame oil,
1 tbsp tamari and chopped garlic and ginger. Stir to coat the chicken. Set aside.
3. Place coconut cream and water in mixing bowl. Place simmering basket in bowl and weigh rice. Remove, rinse rice under water and return simmering basket inside the bowl.
4. Place chicken on Varoma tray. Place Varoma basket and tray in position and cook 22 min/Varoma/speed 4.
5. Meanwhile add vegetables (green beans, broccoli, onion, snow peas, Asian greens) to the basket as you chop them, starting with the harder vegetables first. Leave a gap to allow the steam to get through.
6. Remove chicken and vegetables, checking that the chicken is cooked through. Place the cooked vegetables in a Thermoserver. Break up the chicken and place in the Thermoserver with the cooked vegetables and Thai basil leaves. Cover and set aside.
7. To make the sauce, to the coconut cream, add remaining garlic clove and ginger, green chilli, rapdura sugar, coriander leaves, chicken or vegetable stock paste, cashews, 2 tsp fish sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp tamari and lime juice. Blend 1 min/speed 9.
8. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables and serve with extra Thai basil and coriander leaves and coconut rice.
You can use brown rice in this recipe. Remove chicken and vegetables after cooking time and then continue to cook brown rice for a further 20 mins or until tender.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Veggie Filled Quiche
- Keto Carbonara
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Steam Pork Bun
- Kathleen's Butter Chicken (easiest ever)
- Parmesan & Zucchini Waffle
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- HCG or Keto Chicken with orange sauce and asparagus
- Easy Mapo Tofu
- PRAWN SAGANAKI WITH FETA - INDIAN STYLE
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Cinnamon Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad