- 1 lemon, Peel only
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, Peeled and quartered
- 3 sprigs Tarragon, Or thyme or parsley or basil
- 1 chilli, fresh, Or 1 tspn dried chilli flakes
- 40g Butter
- 30g olive oil
- 200g cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 250g Fettuccine, (pasta)
- 300g green vegetables, eg green beans, asparagus, peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into baton shape
- 50g butter extra, For the sauce
- 50g flour
- 150g full cream milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 100g Mersey Valley style cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 150g Hot Smoked Salmon, (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds, (to serve)
1. Peel zest of lemon and chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
2. Add garlic and onion, herbs, chilli and Chop 4 seconds, speed 5, then scrape down.
3. Add 40g butter and 30g olive oil and saute 5 min, varoma temp, speed 1.5.
4. Put aside cooked onion mix into a ThermoServer or bowl.
1. Add 1 litre boiled water to the bowl.
2. Put simmering basket into the bowl and add cauliflower.
3. Put sliced beans, asparagus, peas & carrots into Varoma bowl and sit on top.
4. Steam cauliflower and vegetables for 14 minutes, varoma temp, speed 3.5. Give vegetables in the Varoma bowl a stir half way through the cooking time.
5. Put the cauliflower aside (to be used in the sauce). Put the green vegetables and carrots into the ThermoServer on top of the onion mixture.
1. Top up the water quantity to 1.5 litre.
2. Add pasta to the bowl (break into half first if you like) and cook 8 minutes, Reverse, speed 0.5. (Add extra time if necessary).
3. Add the cooked pasta to the ThermoServer and mix it through with the vegetables. If not enough space, put everything into a large casserole dish and cover to keep warm.
1. Wipe the bowl and add 50g butter and melt 3 minutes 100 degrees speed 1. Add 50g plain flour and cook 3 min, 100 degrees, speed 1. Add 500g milk and 1/2 tspn black pepper and cook 6 minutes, 90 degrees, at speed 4.
2. Add 2 Tablespoons of vegetable stock paste, the Mersey Valley cheese and the cooked cauliflower and blend 30 seconds at speed 6.
3. Pour sauce over the pasta in the ThermoServer or serving dish.
4. Meanwhile, pan fry some pieces of hot smoked salmon for a few minutes to crisp up and heat up a little.
5. Serve the pasta with the hot smoked salmon pieces broken into chunks on top. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Cooking Sauce and Salmon
- This looks like a lot of ingredients, but it is an easy recipe of steamed vegetables, boiled pasta and a lovely creamy sauce finished off with lovely hot smoked salmon pieces.
- This recipe can easily be upscaled to feed more people, just increase the amount of vegetables and pasta and you can double the sauce ingredients too.
- Alternatives to Salmon: barbequed or cooked chicken, barbequed sausages, roast vegetables eg pumpkin, sweet potato, fennel.
Note: This recipe was created in honour of a good friend, "Wazza", who enjoyed all things Thermomix, good food and inspirational dinner conversations.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Raula’s Bazella
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Nan's Keens Curry Whatever you want it to be.
- Bacon Fried Cabbage
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Chicken In Satay Sauce