- 160 g red lentils, soaked for 2-3 hours
- 40 g Butter or coconut oil
- 40 g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 brown onions, halved
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 800 g water, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock
- 3 Medium potatoes, cut in 2cm cubes
- 6 leaves Silverbeet or Spinach, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 8 sprigs corriander
- 2 small lemons or 3 limes, peeled
- Salt & pepper to taste
Soak lentils for 2-3 hours or overnight. Then rinse in simmering basket until water runs clear. Allow to drain.
Chop garlic and onion - speed 7, 3 seconds
Add butter and olive oil. Saute - Varoma, 3 minutes, speed 1 (MC off)
Add lentils and cumin. Stir to coat in oil/onion mixture. Speed 1, 10 seconds.
Add water, stock & potatoes. Cook 100 degrees, , speed 1, 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked but still firm. Pour soup into Thermoserver.
Chop silverbeet and corriander. Turbo 1 or 2 times. Stir into soup.
Wizz whole lemons or lime. Speed 9, 20-30 sec. Stir lemon through soup and serve.
You could also use brown lentils but these need to be soaked overnight.
I like to use chicken broth in this for extra nutritional omph especially in winter!
Converted from this original recipe: //claireobeid.com/recipe-lebanese-spinach-lemon-lentil-soup-2/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beetroot Soup (Paleo)
- Mini Pizza bases with sneaky pumpkin (grain free, dairy free, nut free, paleo)
- The Merrymaker Sisters Savoury Paleo Bread
- Choc banana pancakes (grain free, dairy free, sugar free)
- Coconutty Chocolate Spread (Fructose free, dairy free)
- Quinoa Chocolate Cake (grain & dairy free)
- Sweet Potato & Macadamia Choc Brownies (Gluten free, Dairy free, Fructose Free)