- 250 g canned kidney beans
- 150 g Bean cooking liquid, This equals ONE tin of kidney beans including the liquid in the can
- 35 g cold water
- 40 g Vegetable stock paste
- 20 g white vinegar
- 1 teaspoons liquid smoke, Or 1 tb smoked paprika
- 10 g dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 level tablespoon dried onion powder
- 2 level teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 220 g Vital wheat gluten flour
2h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Measure Vital wheat Gluten into bowl "Closed lid" and blend 15 s sp 5 until just combined.
- Sit for 15 mins to allow gluten to activate
- Clean bowl "Closed lid" and add 1.5L of boiling water into the bowl "Closed lid"
- Cook on varoma sp 3.5 for 60 minutes
Refill water, turn the seitan over, reset and cook for a further 60 minutes (total 120 minutes varoma)
Making the seitan
Steaming your seitan
Shredding the seitan
Accessories you need
The seitan can be used as is in sandwiches, or however you would use cooked pork. Stir fries, pot pie, curries, burritos, pasta. Slice and bread for a schnitzel.
Add bbq sauce or gravy for awesome pulled pork sandwiches!!
You could also roast the seitan (cover with a bbq or sticky sauce) and serve as you would a pork roast.
Vital Wheat Gluten is available in many health food stores, bread making supply stores, bulk food shops and online. (It may be named Vital wheat gluten, gluten flour, pure gluten)
No other flour will work, the vwg is essential to this recipe.
You may use other beans but kidney beans are quite neutral tasting and help give colour to the seitan. The canning water is not necessary for this recipe, you can replace with water and a little salt.
You may add other flavourings as this recipe is very forgiving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /