- 750g pumpkin, Cubed, reseeded and skin removed
- 1 Red Onion (medium)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 grams olive oil
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander
- 5 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 Red chilli, whole, Seeds removed and cut in half
- 2 400g chickpea cans, Rinsed and Drained
- 7 grams cumin, ground
- 7 grams coriander, ground
- 150 grams 99% Fat free yoghurt
- 2 level tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 220oC. Lightly spray oil on pumpkin cubes and roast until golden in colour 30-40 minutes
2. Add onion, 2 garlic cloves, whole red chilli, flat lead parsley and fresh coriander into TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds, speed 7
3. Add olive oil and saute for 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2
4. Add chickpeas, roasted pumpkin, ground cumin, ground coriander and purée on speed 8 for 30 seconds or until a smooth paste.
5. Shape into 12 balls and place on a baking paper tray lined with baking paper. Chill for 20 minutes. Clean and dry TM bowl
6. Bake falafels for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
7. In a clean TM bowl chop remaining garlic clove on speed 7 for 3 seconds, scrape down bowl and add yoghurt and lemon juice and combine for 20 seconds on speed 5. Serve as yoghurt dressing with falafels.
Pumpkin falafel mehtod
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)