THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 onion, brown or white, peeled & quartered
- 2 heaped teaspoons garlic paste
- 475 g water, 75g plus 400g
- 2 heaped teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/2 level teaspoons cumin seed, ground
- 1 level teaspoons Chilli Paste
- 700 g sweet potato, peeled & diced into 1cm cubes
- 400 g Canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 heaped tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 1 level teaspoons salt
- 1 heaped tablespoons brown sugar
- 800 g red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 50 g Peanut Butter, smooth
- 75 g unsalted peanuts
- Add onion and chop for 3 secs/speed 5.
- Scrape down bowl and add garlic paste and 75g water.
- Saute for 3 mins/120 degrees/speed 1.
- Scrape down bowl and add sweet potato, ginger, cumin and chilli paste.
Cook 5 mins/120 degrees/speed 1.
- Scrape down bowl and add tomatoes, stock paste, 400g water, salt and brown sugar.
Cook 20 mins/Varoma/reverse/stir.
- Add red kidney beans to bowl.
Cook 5 mins/Varoma/reverse/stir.
- Ladle approximately 100g of the liquid into a small bowl.
Add peanut butter and whisk until it becomes smooth.
Return mixture to the TM bowl.
Cook for a further 2-3 mins/Varoma/reverse/ stir.
- Divide into portions.
Sprinkle each portion with peanuts.
Serve with rice.
Accessories you need
For the Vegetable stock paste recipe please refer to the recipe on Cookidoo.
White potatoes can be substituted for half of the sweet potato.
Note: The liquid in the stew will be soaked up by the rice however if you prefer less liquid adjust recipe by substituting olive oil at step 2 or by using slightly less water at step 4.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Summer Risotto
- Perfect Chinese Noodles
- Mexican corn fritters
- Curry Eggs
- Sweet potato and feta rolls
- Macaroni broccoli cheese bake
- Easy vegetable square
- Donna Hay Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
- Corn and zucchini fritters
- Spiced potatoes and Peas
- Ratatouille no eggplant
- ThermoGen’s Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- German Chocolate Cake
- Happy cooks Malva pudding
- Fig & Almond Cake
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- Light Masala Tea
- Apple Almond Tart
- GlazBro Silverside
- Satay Chicken
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Satay Chicken
- Apple Pie Porridge