- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 650 g sweet potato, (~ 2) cubed in 2cm pieces
- 1 sheet Shortcrust Pastry, (can make your own)
- 185 g thickened cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 --- Cup Fresh Basil leaves
1h 25minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C fan-forced
2. Add 900g water to TM bowl, add sweet potato to basket and add basket into bowl. 100C SP2 18mins. Once cooked set aside and empty water from bowl
3. Line a quiche dish (i use 26cm) with pastry and trim excess. Place in fridge for 15 mins to rest
4. Meanwhile add oil and onion to TM bowl. SP4 5 sec, scrape down bowl.
5. Cook onion, 100C, 15mins, MC off
6. Meanwhile remove pastry base from fridge and cover pastry base with non-stick baking paper and fill with pastry weights. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 mins. Remove paper and weights. Bake for a further 10 mins or until golden. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 180C (fan forced)
7. Add to TM bowl (with the onion when finished cooking) the brown sugar, , 100C 2mins or until onion is caramelised. Add mustard and stir, , SP1, 20secs. Remove from bowl and set aside. (DO NOT WAS BOWL)
8. Add to TM bowl cream, eggs and basil. SP3 30 secs
9. Cover cooked pastry base with caramelised onion mixture and top with sweet potato. Pour cream mixture over sweet potato and pastry base. (Do not overfill as it will overflow when cooking)
10. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden and set.
Serve with salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables: