- 2 cans whole tomatoes, 400g each
- 20 g olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 240 g onions, quartered
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, or to taste (optional if you do not like chilli)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- 2 cans Red kidney beens, 420g each, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, 420g, drained
- 1/2 can Nutmeat, (Sanitarium), roughly chopped, contains peanuts and gluten (Remaining 1/2 can can be frozen for later use.)
- 80 g red capsicum, diced
- 260 g cauliflower florets, chopped into halves if large
Process cauliflower florets 5 sec / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 5
SET ASIDE on top of wet crumpled baking paper on top tray of Varoma.
1) Add contents of tomato tins, & nutmeat (if using) to TM bowl.
Chop 1 sec / "Closed lid" / Turbo
(Turbo / 1 sec for TM5)
Remove lid, scrap down sides of bowl with spatula.
Repeat if necessary. (You don't want the nutmeat or tomatoes too fine. Tomatoes should be chunky, and nutmeat should be like mince meat.)
Wash & dry TM bowl.
2) Put oil, garlic & onion into TM bowl.
Chop garlic and onion 3 sec / speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Saute 3min / Varoma temperature (120C for TM5) / speed 1.
3) Return tomatoes to TM bowl. Add spices, stock & kidney beans. Add diced capsicum if using. Mix ingredients together in TM bowl with spatula.
Cook 30 min / Varoma temperature / "Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" with TM basket on top. In last 10 minutes of cooking remove basket & replace with Varoma if also cooking cauliflower rice. (In other words cook 20 minutes, then put Varoma on top with cauliflower on top tray as per instructions above, and cook another 10 minutes.)
4) Serve with cauliflower rice, or another side of your choice (see tips).
CAULIFLOWER RICE (Optional)
CHILLI CON CARNE
Accessories you need
Recipe also suitable for TM5.
1) This recipe has been calorie counted for the 5:2 fast diet. It can be served on its own with no sides, or with low calorie sides like cauliflower rice or steamed vegetables.
Without nutmeat: 263 calories per serve.
With nutmeat: 298 calories per serve.
With capsicum - add 4 calories per serve.
With Cauliflower Rice - add 16 calories per serve.
2) On a non-fast day alternative sides include rice, mashed potato or other mashed or steamed vegetables, or toast (the later being great for breakfast).
3) My husband loves the nutmeat and capsicum version of this dish. He could eat it 7 days a week, 3 meals a day. We also serve it to our non-vegetarian friends and they also love it. Real fans of this low calorie dish are Gerald & Todd from the green team on the 2013 Biggest Loser Australia.
4) I use chilli powder at 1/2 the amount of cumin which gives a mild chilli result. Adjust the amount of chilli to the level of heat that you prefer. The dish is still nice without chilli for those who want no heat, as the cumin gives a chilli flavour without the heat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)