- 250 g basmati rice
- 4 eggs, washed
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon curry powder, (or 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp ground cumin)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 spring onions, 1/2 -1 cm diagonal sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- juice of half a lemon
- salt or tamari, to taste
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Place rice in basket with eggs on top of rice
Add 900g of water to the TM bowl and cook varoma, speed 4, 17 mins
Once cooked, removed basket with TM spatula and place basket in a bowl of cold water for a couple of mins. Peel eggs and set aside. Drain the rice and put it in the frigde.
In a pan or wok, heat olive oil and butter and saute the onions and garlic till starting to brown. Then add the spices, peas and spring onions, and gently toss for 2-3 mins.
Add the cooled rice from the fridge and lemon juice and toss till coated and heated through
Check seasoning and add some salt or tamari if needed
Serve garnished with the lemon wedges, eggs sliced longways into quarters and coriander leaves
Kedgeree in an Indian dish bought to the UK in colonial times and usually eaten for breakfast. Traditionally it has smoked fish flaked though it and this can easily be added to this dish. Try smoked haddock, trout or herrings. Some people simply use tinned tuna or salmon. Leftover rice can also be used, similar to making fried rice. In this instance simply boil some eggs on their own.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Falafel (Eastern Sudan Variant)
- Mexican rice (e.g. for Tortillas), vegetarian
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta
- Chickpea Curry
- Masala Oats
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Coconut and cashew cream
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Almond Milk