- 3 ripe commis pears, trimmed, peeled and cored
- 4 tbsp honey, for drizzling
- 50 gfresh parmesan cheese (or to taste), cubed
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 400 g arborio rice
- 200 g dry white wine
- 1000 g water
- 2-3 tbsp TM vegetable stock
- 150 g Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Small bunchof fresh thyme tips and extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
Recipe is created for
Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut the pears in half lengthways and slice each half lengthways into 4-5. Place onto a baking tray, drizzle with honey and place into the oven for 15 minutes until softened and coloured around the edges. Remove and set aside to cool.
1. Add parmesan to TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 9. Remove and set aside
2. Wash and dry bowl then add celery, onion and garlic and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6-7.
3. Add oil and saute for 3 minutes/100C/Speed 1.
4. Add rice and wine and saute for 2 minutes/100C/Reverse + speed soft
5. Add water and stock and cook for 16-17 minutes/100C/Reverse + speed soft
6. Place in Thermoserver and stir in baked pears, blue cheese and parmesan. Place lid back on and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with an extra grating of parmesan, crumbled gorgonzola, a drizzle of good extra-virgin olive oil and thyme leaves.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Pickled Beetroot
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- YOMI (Yogi Milan) Indian Coffee Mix