- 1 large pinches saffron threads
- 1/4 cup Boiling water
- 200 g chorizo, (approx. 2 ) chopped
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 200 g rice, arborio
- 1 cans chopped tomatoes
- 50 g stock paste
- 500 g water
- fresh parsley, to garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Place saffron and boiling water in a small bowl. Stand for 15 minutes.
2.Heat frying pan. Add chorizo and cook until browned. Set aside.
3. Add garlic and onion to TMX bowl. Chop speed 5 / 3 seconds.
4. Add oil, capsicum and paprika. Saute 5 minutes/ varoma / reverse speed 1.
5. Add chicken, chorizo, and rice. Cook 3 minutes/ 100 degrees/ reverse stir.
6. Add tomotoes, stock paste and water (or stock liquid if using), and saffron mixture. Cook 20 minutes / 100 degrees / reverse speed 1.
7. Add frozen peas in last 10 minutes of cooking time.
8. If required, increase cokking time by 5 minutes to ensure rice is softened.
A tasty, healthy and easy dinner for family or impromptu guests. Do yourself a favour and try this delicious Paella.
Substite 500g chicken stock liquid, instead of TMX stock and water if preferred.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.