THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 75 g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 4 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 15 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 800 g tomatoes, tinned
- 150 g pitted Kalamata olives, halved if large
- 500 g penne rigate
- salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Place parmesan cheese in TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
Add onions and 30g of the oil to TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 5. Do not over process. Add remaining 30g oil and cook for 8 minutes at 100˚C on + speed 1.
Add brown sugar and vinegar and mix for 2 seconds on + speed 2, or until combined. Cook for 15 minutes at 100˚C on + speed soft with the MC off.
Add the tomatoes and cook with the MC off for 30 minutes at 100˚C on + speed 1, or until the tomatoes are reduced and sauce is a good consistency. The time to reduce can vary. Place the rice basket on the lid to reduce spatter.
Cook the pasta separately in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and place in large mixing bowl. Add the tomato mixture and olives and stir to combine. Spoon into serving plates and season to taste with salt and cracked pepper. Serve topped with freshly grated parmesan.
The onions will keep for a few days if covered with oil and stored in the fridge. The onions can also be combined with goat’s cheese to make a quick puff pastry tart or used as a pizza topping.
This sauce freezes well so you can just cook the amount of pasta you need, spoon the sauce over the top to serve and freeze the rest of the sauce.
Recipe from ‘Vegie Food’ by Murdoch Books.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce