- 50 grams Parmesan cheese, crust removed, cubed
- 250 grams broccoli florets, fresh
- 100 grams brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 5 grams garlic, (1 clove)
- 6 sprigs parsley, fresh, leaves only
- 150 grams bacon, roughly diced
- 30 grams Butter, roughly cubed
- 800 grams water
- 200 grams thickened cream
- 1½ tablespoons Chicken stock concentrate
- 400 grams dried fettucine pasta
- 2 bacon rashers, roughly diced
- parmesan, flaked, optional
- parsley, extra, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place parmesan into the mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / Speed 9. Transfer into a thermoserver and set aside. Clean and dry the mixing bowl.
Place broccoli florets into the Varoma dish (deep part) and set aside.
Place brown onion, garlic and parsley into the mixing bowl. Chop 5 seconds / Speed 5. Scrape the mixing bowl down.
Add the bacon and butter to the mixing bowl, and place the Varoma into position. Sauté for 6 minutes / 120 / reverse / Speed 2.
Remove the Varoma and add the water, cream and stock concentrate to the mixing bowl. Reposition the Varoma and cook 10 minutes / Varoma / Reverse / Speed 3.
Remove the Varoma and add the dried fettuccine, snapped in half, to the mixing bowl, and stir with the spatula to ensure all the pasta is submerged in the sauce. Reposition Varoma and cook for 5 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
Check on the broccoli at this point and if it is cooked to your liking, set the Varoma dish aside, place MC on the mixing bowl lid and continue cooking the pasta and sauce for a further 6 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
If the broccoli needs more time, leave the Varoma in position and cook together with the pasta and sauce for a further 6 minutes / 100 / Reverse / Speed 1.
Note: Total cooking time for the pasta and sauce is 11 minutes. Broccoli may only need 5 depending on personal preference.
During the cooking time in Step 6, pan fry the bacon garnish until crisp and set aside until ready to serve.
Transfer the cooked pasta and sauce to the thermoserver and stir to combine with the reserved parmesan set aside in Step 1.
Add the broccoli to the thermoserver and stir gently to incorporate, so as not to break up the florets.
Garnish with the pan fried bacon pieces and the optional parsley and flaked parmesan if desired, and serve immediately.
Fettucine and Sauce
I have used both fresh and frozen broccoli when creating this recipe, and my personal preference is for the broccoli to be cooked till it is soft. I found it needed the full 11 minutes cook time in Step 6 to get to this stage.
To reduce this recipe to 4 serves:
150g fresh broccoli florets
100g brown onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic, 5g
6 sprigs fresh parsley, leaves only
100g bacon, roughly chopped
30g butter, roughly cubed
150g thickened cream
1 tablespoon chicken stock concentrate
250-300g dried fettuccine
Follow the recipe up to the completion of Step 5, then reduce the cooking time in Step 6 to 8 minutes. If the pasta is too al dente for your liking, add an extra 2 minutes cooking time.
Follow Step 7 onwards to complete the recipe.
For more recipes, head to my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TandT.Kitchen.Inspiration/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce