- 300 g pasta, macaroni
- 1200 g water
- 1 pinch salt
- 20 g Parmesan cheese
- 5 g parsley
- 150 g Tasty cheese, cubed
- 40 g plain flour
- 450 g Milk
- 125 g thickened cream
- 50 g Butter
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water and salt into mixing bowl and heat. 10 min/varoma/speed 1. (This step boils the water for you. If you want for a faster solution, boil the kettle and tip boiled water into mixing bowl).
- Add macaroni. 10 min/varoma//Speed /Varoma dish on (prevents splattering).
- Remove pasta from mixing bowl, drain using varoma and set aside.
- Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place cheeses and parsley into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place flour, milk, cream and butter into mixing bowl and cook 6 min/90°C/speed 4/MC on.
- Add wholegrain mustard and reserved cheeses and cook 3 min/90°C/speed 2/MC off.
Transfer pasta to serving bowl and stir in cheese sauce to combine well. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
Never again will the kids ask for the packet Mac 'n' Cheese!
Cheesy White Sauce
- easy to sneak in a few vegetables - add chopped cauliflower when making cheese sauce - they'll never know!
- makes 6 large portions.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Taro and sago
- BLACK RICE YOGHURT