THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 grams cauliflower, ( chopped into chunks and stalks removed )
- 700 grams water
- 2 heaped tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- 500 grams chicken thighs, ( chopped into 1-2 centermeter sized cubes )
- 250 grams bacon, diced
- 200 grams mushrooms, diced
- 2 heaped tablespoons Butter
- 1 level tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 40 grams fresh basil, chopped
- 10 grams fresh parsley, chopped
- 50 grams fresh kale leaves, very finely chopped
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 level teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 lightly whisked eggs
- 1 brown onion peeled & quartered
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
This sauce still contains some oil, parmesan and butter , but much less than the usual tradional carbonara recipes. Puréed cauliflower gives the illusion of creaminess and if you didn't tell anyone I bet they would never know! It's a timely recipe but well worth it! it makes quite a big batch, you could halve the ingredients if needed. i needed to feed 5 hungry men and it went down a treat!
Wash she the chopped cauliflower heads under running tap then add to the thermomix bowl and chop on speed 5 for 8 seconds, or until it resembles crumbs.
Scrape out bowl and add chopped cauliflower to the simmering internal basket & set aside. Don't worry if there is a little of the cauliflower crumbs left in the bowl.
add 700 g water to the bowl and the vegetable stock paste then place simmering basket in the bowl.
Assemble varoma steaming dish in place and add chopped chicken in the top tray leaving holes for steam to get through.
set to varoma temperature 35 minutes speed 3.
while this is cooking prepare rest of the ingredients.
once time is up remove the chicken and place into pre warmed thermo server , set aside
tip the steamed cauliflower into the water in the bowl and add the garlic, basil and parsley.
blend on speed 9 for 40 seconds.
add in the lighly whisked eggs and 3/4 paressan cheese (saving the rest for sprinkling after) and mix on speed 3 for 30 seconds.
remove the puree from bowl into another dish and set aside
rinse and dry bowl
chop onions on speed 4 for 5 seconds, scrape down sides of bowl.
add the butter , olive oil and bacon and cook on varoma temperature 7 minutes.
remove lid when time is up and fit the butterfly whisk, add in the mushrooms and kale and cook for 2 minutes 100 degrees
add the cooked chicken from the thermoserver into the bowl and mix for 1 minute
return the cauliflower puree and mix for another minute
thats the sauce done. i served it over 600 grams of cooked fresh home made pasta with freshly ground black pepper.
adding the raw eggs is optional, but i do find in doing this , it helps thicken up the sauce a little and also my nonna always added raw egg at the end of cooking her carbonara as it added "richness" to the dish.
ive also served this sauce over "zoodles" zucchini noodles and its was amazing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge