- 300 grams uncooked white rice
- 1000 grams water
- 1 brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 400 grams tinned tomato
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 carrot
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1000 grams chicken breast, cubed
- 400 gram can corn kernels, drained
- 400 gram can red kidney beans, drained
- 180 grams mild mexican salsa
- 200 grams Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- sour cream
- 2 Avocados
- guacamole seasoning (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Place water into bowl, insert simmering basket and weigh rice into the basket. Cook 20 mins/100°C/speed 4. Once rice is cooked place it in your baking dish. Discard water, no need to wash the bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl and chop 8 secs/speed 5.
- Add vegetable stock paste and butter and cook 3 mins/varoma/speed 1.
- Add onion mixture to rice in the baking dish and mix through.
- Without washing the bowl, add tomato, capsicum, carrot and taco seasoning. Chop 5 sec/speed 5.
- Add chicken and cook 15 mins/varoma///MC on.
- Add chicken mixture, corn and red kidney beans to the baking dish and mix through thoroughly.
- Top with a layer of salsa then shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden.
- (optional) Serve with sour cream and avocado/guacamole.
This recipe feeds a lot! I used a 28x40x7cm dish and it was full. You could also do 2 smaller dishes.
You can cook your rice your way in the microwave, on the stovetop or in a second thermomix if you have one while completing the rest of the recipe to make it quicker. I have 2 machines so I use both
This recipe has come from "Chicken Taco Rice Bake" by stinimende. I have adapted it to suit my family better and everyone who has tried it asked for my version so here it is
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Vegan Cheesy Sauce
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng