- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 20g olive oil
- 500g Minced beef
- 80g tomato paste
- 80g natural yoghurt
- 40g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 400g-500g Macaroni Pasta
1. Mill Parmesan cheese and set aside.
2. Add onion and capsicums to the bowl. Chop 2-3 seconds/speed 7.
3. Add olive oil. Saute 3 minutes/Varoma/speed 1 with MC removed.
4. Add mince to TM Basket. Insert into bowl and cook 30 minutes/100/speed 1 with MC removed.
5. Tip mince into TM bowl. Add tomato paste, natural yoghurt and reserved Parmesan. Combine 20 seconds/speed 2. One combined, set aside in ThermoServer while the pasta cooks.
6. In a clean TM bowl, boil 1.2L water 8-10 minutes/100//speed 1. Add pasta and cook 8-12 minutes/100//-speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on TM bowl lid.
7. Strain pasta and pour into a large serving bowl. Stir the sauce through and serve.
1. Because the capsicums hold a lot of moisture, I find that removing the MC while cooking the sauce allows a lot of that moisture to evaporate.
2. I prefer to cook the mince in the TM basket to make a chunkier sauce. If you prefer, you can cook it in the TM bowl.
3. This is a great pasta dish on its own, or you can serve with vegetables on the side.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.