- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch mint, (small)
- 2 carrots, diced - 1.5cm cubes
- 400 g sweet potato, diced - 1.5cm cubes
- 2 eggs, whole, in shell (optional)
- 1200 g water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 250 g brown rice, rinsed
- 200 g green beans, sliced 2cm pieces
- 2 cans Chickpeas, (400g)
- 1 red onion, sliced or diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced, or 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 g pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted is nice but can use raw
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 2-3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Place parsley and mint into bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
2. Place diced sweet potato, and carrots into Varoma dish. Wash eggs well and place on top of vegetables (if using). Leaving tray out, cover Varoma with its lid.
3. Place water, salt and turmeric into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and add brown rice.
4. Place Varoma into position and cook 18 minutes/Varoma/speed 3.
5. After 18 mins of cooking, remove eggs (if using) with tongs and place into cold water to stop further cooking. Add green beans to Varoma and cook for a further 6 minutes/Varoma/speed 3. When eggs are cool, peel and chop them. Set aside.
6. Rinse rice immediately under cold water to stop further cooking, and then clean lid and simmering basket as described below.
7. Place rice into large serving bowl and add reserved chopped parsley and mint, chickpeas, diced onion, tomatoes, chopped egg (if using), nuts and seeds, currants. Sprinkle coriander, cumin and salt over everything and toss gently to combine.
Make dressing by whisking together lemon juice, oil and honey then pour over salad and stir gently to disperse dressing evenly. You can also just pour the lemon juice and oil separately over the salad if not using honey.
This makes a very large salad - serves 8-10 people.
CLEANING: Tumeric will stain the lid, seal and simmering basket. To minimise the staining, immediately cooking is finished and food removed, cover the stain liberally with Jif Creme Cleaner (no other brands works, so only use Jif). Rub the Jif with your fingers all over the stain. Jif may turn pink. Leave for a few minutes then rinse with water. The stain will be less but still there. It will gradually disappear over the next week or so with normal washing and use. You can also put the stained pieces in full sun, which will help fade the stain as well. The turmeric stain will not flavour the next thing you make in the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- Fennel Puree
- SPICED BANANA BREAD (EGG-FREE, DAIRY FREE)
- Bulk, Catering Quantity(12L) Pancake Batter
- Chocolate Ginger Love with Strawberry & Basil Sugar
- Very Easy Chocolate Fudge Sauce (Gluten-Free, sugar-free, dairy free, soy-free, vegan, scrumptious!)
- Allergy Friendly Zucchini Slice (Egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Grape Pudding / Grape Juice Pudding GF DF
- Quince & Cardamom Steamed Puddings
- Apple Oat Slice - Wheat free; Egg free; Vegan
- Dairy Free, Egg-free 'Cheese' & Herb Gnocchi in Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Vegan Sausages (Wheat Free)
- Quickest Scones
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce