- 150 grams Milk
- 1 slice bread- no crusts, any type
- 500 grams flat pasta (bows), Cooked al Dente -set aside in Thermoserver
- 200 grams Pasta water, Retain about 2 MC lids
- 50 grams parmesan
- 175 grams Shelled Walnuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 5 leaves marjoram
- 2 sprigs Parsely leaves
Boil your pasta really “al dente” – Cook in Thermomix and semi -strain and place in the thermoserver. Alternatively- This can be done on the stove whilst the Sauce is cooking in the thermomix.
Creamy Walnut sauce
1. Retain about 2 MC lids of pasta water and put in a separate bowl.
2. Put the bread in a bowl and cover with the milk
3. In the thermomix bowl- Toast the walnuts in a dry Thermomix bowl 4-6 minutes Varoma temperature and speed 1-until they begin to make a nutty aroma- set aside.
4. Put in 50 grams of Parmesan or pecorino cheese and the few leaves of fresh Marjoram
5. Grate on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
6. Now add toasted walnuts, soaked bread and milk, most of the parmesan cheese with marjoram, the Garlic, the extra virgin Olive Oil, 1 MC of “Pasta water” on Speed 5 for 20 seconds. It should look smooth creamy If it is too thick add a little more pasta water.
7. On your pasta drizzle a little bit of EVOO and then mix through the sauce* to your thermoserver or bowl -Salsa Di Noce*.
8. Add Salt and Pepper to taste, the pulled apart parsley leaves. Then break up with your hands the couple of walnuts and sprinkle over the top. Top with the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese mix.
You can make it creamier with 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese. It works well with white or wholemeal bread.
This serves about 6. Just make more pasta and add more parmesan cheese over the pasta and sauce to “extend” it!
This is a quick meal and very little preparation time. A lightly flavoured pasta meal without a tomato base!
Pasta choices-Torn up fresh lasagne sheets work well too.
I have made this Gluten Free by using rice pasta and Home made gluten free leftover bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Oat Milk Yogurt
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Proste capuccino
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)
- Fluffy scones
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry