- 150 grams Milk
- 1 slice bread- no crusts, any type
- 500 grams flat pasta (bows), Cooked al Dente -set aside in Thermoserver
- 200 grams Pasta water, Retain about 2 MC lids
- 50 grams parmesan
- 175 grams Shelled Walnuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- 5 leaves marjoram
- 2 sprigs Parsely leaves
Boil your pasta really “al dente” – Cook in Thermomix and semi -strain and place in the thermoserver. Alternatively- This can be done on the stove whilst the Sauce is cooking in the thermomix.
Creamy Walnut sauce
1. Retain about 2 MC lids of pasta water and put in a separate bowl.
2. Put the bread in a bowl and cover with the milk
3. In the thermomix bowl- Toast the walnuts in a dry Thermomix bowl 4-6 minutes Varoma temperature and speed 1-until they begin to make a nutty aroma- set aside.
4. Put in 50 grams of Parmesan or pecorino cheese and the few leaves of fresh Marjoram
5. Grate on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
6. Now add toasted walnuts, soaked bread and milk, most of the parmesan cheese with marjoram, the Garlic, the extra virgin Olive Oil, 1 MC of “Pasta water” on Speed 5 for 20 seconds. It should look smooth creamy If it is too thick add a little more pasta water.
7. On your pasta drizzle a little bit of EVOO and then mix through the sauce* to your thermoserver or bowl -Salsa Di Noce*.
8. Add Salt and Pepper to taste, the pulled apart parsley leaves. Then break up with your hands the couple of walnuts and sprinkle over the top. Top with the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese mix.
You can make it creamier with 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese. It works well with white or wholemeal bread.
This serves about 6. Just make more pasta and add more parmesan cheese over the pasta and sauce to “extend” it!
This is a quick meal and very little preparation time. A lightly flavoured pasta meal without a tomato base!
Pasta choices-Torn up fresh lasagne sheets work well too.
I have made this Gluten Free by using rice pasta and Home made gluten free leftover bread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Fried rice- Portuguese style
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Moist Chocolate Cake
- Trish's Slice - Caramel Oat Slice
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Japanese coconut buns
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- 'Orange' you glad you found this Steamed Orange Pudding Recipe with Chocolate Sauce
- Jen's Crab and Corn Chowder
- Cauliflower oats