- 500g Milk
- 40g Butter, cubed
- 50g plain flour
- 100g grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 20g oil of your choice
- 150g tomato paste or pesto
- 700g tomato passata
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon beef stock concentrate (or vegetable stock)
- 700g Beef mince
- grated cheese, for topping
- lasagne sheets, fresh or dried
1h 5minPreparation 35minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
I recommend making the white sauce first, set aside and continue with the meat sauce without washing the bowl
Place all cheesy white sauce ingredients in the TM bowl and cook for 12 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 3. Once cooked, transfer the sauce into a separate bowl and set aside while you prepare the meat sauce. Without washing the bowl, place onion, garlic and carrots in the TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl, add oil and sauté for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, soft spoon speed (slowest speed setting), MC OFF.
Add tomato paste or pesto and cook for 1 minute, 100 degrees, soft spoon speed (slowest setting), MC OFF.
Add tomato passata, salt, pepper and stock concentrate and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, soft spoon speed, MC ON.
Place mince into TM simmering basket and spoon some of the sauce over the top of the mince. Put the basket (with mince inside) into the TM bowl with the sauce. Cook for 15 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. About halfway through cooking break up the mince using a fork.
Tip mince out of the basket and into the TM bowl with the sauce. Cook for a further 5 mintues, 100 degrees, reverse, soft spoon speed.
Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
Now it's time to assemble your lasagne. Start by spooning some of the meat sauce into the bottom of a baking tray. Spoon some white sauce over and then top with lasagne sheets. Spoon another layer of meat sauce, then white sauce and top with lasagne sheets. Repeat this layering until all the sauce is used, finishing with white sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for about 30 minutes until cheese has melted.
Let the lasagne rest before serving, preferably for a few hours if you have time (reheat before serving), otherwise for about 15-20 minutes if not making ahead of time. Serve on its own or with salad/chips and enjoy!!
This recipe is very versatile and any ingredients can be added to your preferred taste, like extra veg, herbs, spices, sugar etc.
The cheese sauce is based on the recipe for bechamel sauce in the basic cookbook, however I have halved it and added cheese.
I find the lasagne is best when made a few hours or even a day ahead.
If you try this recipe I would love if you could please leave a comment and rating - all feedback is appreciated
Come and join my Facebook group 'Aussie TM5 Thermomixer' for more recipes and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- QUICK AND EASY BEEF NACHOS
- TASTY SHEPHERD'S PIE (POTATO PIE, COTTAGE PIE)
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESAN AVOCADO CAULIFLOWER MASH
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Satay Chicken
- Japanese style sandwich bread
- Up and Go
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream