- 60 g Parmesan cheese, block, crust removed, cut into pieces (3cm)
- 1/2 Small brown onion, (50g)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 40 g Butter
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g risotto rice, (Arborio)
- 60 g water, (or White Wine)
- 250 g pumpkin, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil, (for roasting pumpkin)
- 160 g Sliced Salami, mild or hot
- Salt & Pepper, (for roasting pumpkin) to taste
- 720 g water or veg/chicken stock
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place pumpkin slices on a greased baking tray, brush lightly with oil, season with salt and pepper to taste and bake in a medium oven (180C) for 15 minutes.
Place Parmesan Cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 10. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Do not clean your bowl.
- Place brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add butter and extra virgin olive oil and saute 5 min / 120C / speed 1.
Add mushrooms and pumpkin into bowl chop 2 sec / speed 5
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add risotto rice and saute 1 min / 120C / / speed 1.5, without measuring cup.
- Add the small amount of water (60g) (or white wine) and saute 2 min / Varoma / / speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
- Add stock/water and again scrape bottom of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen. Cook 13 min / 100C / / speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup into mixing bowl lid if desired (I left it out, no worries)
- While risotto is cooking, slice salami into strips and gently fry in stove top frying pan. Reserve.
Place 20 gms of parmesan into bowl and mix for 4sec /speed
then allow risotto to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve in bowls. Divide salami between bowls and serve on top of risotto. Add remaining parmesan sprinkle over the top.
This recipe is a variation of Mushroom Risotto found in The Basic Cookbook.
For this recipe, if you don't have any butter simply use total 50g extra virgin olive oil. Conversley, if you don't have any olive oil, use total 50g butter.
Add more or less mushrooms or pumpkin as you prefer.
Optional: add baby spinach leaves at step 8
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermo Cazza's Crumble Mixture
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free Cupcakes
- Apple Fruit Jam
- Chocolate Brownie
- Strawberry Curd