- 1 small onion, (50g)
- 40 g Parmesan cheese, block, crust removed, cut into pieces (3cm)
- 40 g Butter
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 320 g risotto rice, (Arborio)
- 60 g water, (or White Wine)
- 1 cube Vegetable or chicken stock
- 720 g water
- 1 heaped teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add stock cube, butter and extra virgin olive oil and saute for 3 min / 120C / speed 1.
- Add risotto rice and saute 1 min / 120C / / speed 1.2, without measuring cup.
- Add the small amount of water (60g) (or white wine) and saute 2 min / Varoma / / speed 1.5, without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of mixing bowl well with spatula to loosen rice.
- Place peas and cook 13 min / 100C / / speed 1.5, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup into mixing bowl lid.
- Place risotto onto serving dishes and sprinkle the reserved parmesan cheese over the risotto. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
parmesan cheese can be added at the last stage of preparation for a more cheesy taste, which is amazing.
also a drop of extra virgin olive oil just before sprinkling parmesan on the serving dish will be mouthwatering.
peas can be exchanged with broccoli.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Slice
- coconut milk, for cream, see tips
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Vanilla Fudge
- Garlic Soup
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry: