- 100 grams Cashews raw*
- half onion, peeled
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 stalk Lemon grass, outer layer removed, cut in 3 pieces
- 6-10 leaves Kaffir Lime, stem removed
- 30 grams santen**
- 200 grams water**
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (optional)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or Tamari)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Juice of lime
1. Place cashews in mixing bowl and grind 8 sec/ speed 9. set aside
2. Place onion, garlic, chilli and 4 kaffir lime leaves in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 7.
3. Add coconut oil and cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add ground cashews, pieces lemon grass, remaining kaffir lime leaves, Turmeric (if using), coconut sugar, salt and santen and cook 2 min/100C//
5. Add 200 ml water and cook 10 min/100C//
6. Add more water if thinner consistency is required and extend cooking time with a couple of minutes to incorporate water.
7. when desired thickness is achieved, squeeze fresh lime juice and Coconut Amino (or Tamari) to taste and create a good balance of salt/sweet & sour. Be confident: Let your palate guide you! (discard chunkier pieces of lemon grass and whole kaffir lime leaves)
Cashew Sate Dressing
* You can make a peanut sate by using ground peanuts or (TM made) peanut butter
** you can use tinned or home made coconut milk to replace the santen & water
you can pulse the cashews (3 x turbo) instead of grinding them to get a chunky sate sauce (see picture)
this cashew sate can be used as a thick sate sauce to add to a gado gado and (tofu) sate, or as a thinner salad dressing. Delicious in any way!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto