- 425 g Philadelphia cream cheese, Soft (1 &amp; 1/2 blocks)
- 75 g Light Chive & Onion Cream Cheese, Soft
- 130 g Vintage Cheddar Cheese, Cold
- 20 g French Onion Simmer Soup, (1/2 packet)
- 100 g sun dried tomatoes, Dry - not in oil or drain
- Black Sesame Seeds
- poppy seeds, Ground
- Cheese Singles
Grate vintage cheddar cheese (the colder the better to grate or use parmesan) speed 7 for 5 seconds. Set cheese aside.
Chop sun dried tomatoes speed 5 for 5 seconds. No need to wash bowl.
Add both softened cream cheeses, grated cheese and powdered french onion soup to bowl and mix until combined (speed 3-5 scrapping down sides until mixed). Taste and adjust as required.
Cover mould with 2 layers of glad wrap, turn out mixture into mould making sure to pack it down to avoid air bubbles.
Refridgerate until required/set (overnight or at least a couple of hours).
Remove cheese ball from glad wrap and roll in black sesame seeds then ground poppy seeds.
Cut cheese single to look like poured custard and lay on top of cheese ball.
Add "holly" decoration. Serve with any crackers you desire.
The recipe picture is of my "prototype" smaller cheese ball. Larger one chilling in fridge for Saturday but thought I would share anyway.
You can use any "sturdy" cheese ball recipe that you like as long as it stays in shape. I cheat with french onion soup mix but testers still raved (secret's out!).
Preparation time does not include "setting" in fridge overnight.
In recipe picture I used an orange cheese and cream cheese combination to make "custard" but that's an extra step. I think cheese slices will work just as well because nobody believed I made it anyway!
Make little ones for entree or starters. Put on individual crackers for nibbles... love a good cheese ball, so versatile!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Steak Spice
- Old fashioned pan juice gravy
- Zesty Hommus (with Young Living Essential Oils)
- Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce