- 180 g Roasted Hazelnuts, Roasted, skins removed
- 250 g milk chocolate
- 50 g Dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 3 level tbsp icing sugar
- 1 level tbsp cacao powder, raw
- 1 level tsp vanilla extract
- 2 level tbsp oil, rice bran
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180C and lay the hazelnuts on a baking tray in a single layer.
Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and in a clean teatowel, rub together to remove most of the skin. (This will take a good 5 - 10 minutes) You won't get it all off, so long as most of it is off.
Place hazelnuts into mixing bowl and mill 35 sec/speed 9, or until finely ground (repeat 2 or 3 times if needed). Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3. Add both the milk chocolate and dark chocolate and mill for 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then mill again.
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend for 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend for 1 min/speed 6, or until smooth.
5. Heat 6 min/50°C/speed 3. Mixture should be fairly smooth in consistency. If you couldn't manage to remove all the skins it may still be a little grainy but will still taste fantastic!
6. Pour into clean, sterilised jars while it is still warm as it will firm up on cooling. Gently tap jars to remove any air bubbles and place lids on.
7. Store in your pantry for ease of spreading. Should keep about a month (if you can stop eating it)
You could make this VEGAN and DAIRY FREE just by changing the chocolate you use.
If you are passionate about not using Palm Oil (like me) then please be sure to choose Palm Oil Free chocolate x
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.