THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 grams chicken livers, organic
- 200 grams unsalted butter, 50g + 150g separated
- FOR DAIRY FREE, use 200g pork fat, bacon drippings or chicken fat or a combination of them. Beef fat is too hard. Coconut oil could also be used or ghee.
- 7 sage leafs (fresh), or 1 tsp dry
- 1 apple, quartered or use 1 onion if no apples
- 3 tablespoons brandy, or port or sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- vegetable crudities and Paleo Rye Bread, to serve
- Choose from:, cucumber, apple, celery, spring onion, cauliflower, carrot or other favourites
Recipe is created for
In the mixing bowl chop the apples for 3 secs./speed 5. Set apple aside.
Add 50g of the butter and the sage leaves and saute for 10 mins/Varmoma/"Gentle stir setting" .
Meanwhile wash the livers well in cold water and remove any membranes, then pat dry with paper towel.
Add the livers to the mixing bowl and sauté for a further 5 mins./Varoma/R/"Gentle stir setting" with the MC removed. After a minute or two add the brand in through the top.
Check the livers, the should be browed on the outside and just a little pink in the middle. If not cooked enough cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
Let them rest for 5 minutes while you add the seasonings to the bowl, the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Meanwhile prepare your dishes or containers by pouring in bolilng water, leaving for a minute then carefully pouring out and leaving to dry.
Weigh in the 150g of butter and puree for 1 min/seed 10 (turn off reverse first). Or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down as needed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze once cool. Simply take one from the freezer and pop in the fridge overnight to pack for lunch the next morning.
Pack for lunch with a small container of vegetable crudités for dipping, such as cucumber, celery, spring onion, cauliflower florets, or with apple slices.
Silky Chicken and Apple Pate
Accessories you need
This is a great snack for little ones, especially if you are on the GAPS diet or following a Paleo lifestyle. I developed the recipe to get my little girl to eat more liver. Now that I have realised how easy it is to make divine pate with the Thermomix, I make it all the time! Makes 12 kid size serves or about 8 generous adult serves. However if entertaining, this makes 4-6 ramekins the size you would buy normally so one batch would be enough for at least 20 people on a platter with veggie crudities and crackers.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Easter Spiced Paleo Cookies (GAPS, Grain & Gluten Free)