- 1/4 red cabbage, chopped rough
- 1/4 green/savoy cabbage, chopped rough
- 2 apples, quartered
- 2 tbsp himilayan salt
- 2-3 cabbage leaves, reserved for top of jar
Place all ingredients into TM bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5.
Transfer everything into a large bowl and squeeze sauerkraut between your hands until liquid starts to come out of your cabbage.
Once your Sauerkraut is nice and juicy, transfer to a clean sterilised jar and push down so the liquid is to the top.
Place some reserved outer leaves onto the top of the liquid and push down and seal the jar.
Accessories you need
The Sauerkraut will take 3-5 days to ferment. Once placed into a jar, keep at room temp out of direct sunlight.
You will need to release the gas build up 1-2 times per day just by opening the jar. Ensure the leaves are keeping the kraut submerged.
Using carrot, dill, fennel bulb or spice is also delicious in this recipe.
Taste each day and once it is to your liking, discard the leaves and keep it in the fridge. Enjoy!!
This dish can be made on TM31 or TM5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- thermogeek tomato chilli chutney
- thermogeek Pina Colada Sorbet
- This is it thermogeek bolognese sauce
- Thermogeek Spiced Baked Pear Sorbet
- Thermogeek Supergreens Pesto
- Thermogeek Avo Whip
- Thermogeek Green Mango, Beetroot and Cabbage Salad
- Thermogeek Cacao Dream with Raspberries
- Thermogeek Cardamon Mandarin and Mango Fruity Dream
- Ultimate Green Smoothie!!!!!!
- Gluten Free Bolognese and Zucchini Pizza
- Date, Coconut and Cacao cake