- 3000 grams ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 1000 grams brown onions, peeled and halved
- 120 grams Ezy Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt, ground
- 800 grams raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 MC water
This recipe is prepared together to make both of the Relish and the Sauce at the same time.
Due to the continual movement and stirring of the Thermomix, I find that the end product is too smooth for a chunky relish (Like my mum used to make). Therefore, the relish is made in a pot on the stove while my sauce is in my Thermomix. That way the whole house if happy with variety.
1. Place onion into TMX bowl and chop on speed 6 for 10-15 seconds. Check consistancy and chop again if needed.
2. Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water and rinse. Dry and steralise jars in 150C oven.
1. Remove half of the chopped onion from the bowl - reserve for relish
2. place 3x 500g quarted tomatoes in TMX bowl and chop on speed 4 each time. Add 1 teaspoon of salt
3. Cook for 30 minutes 100C on speed 1. Remove MC and place steamer basket on top of lid. This assists with evaporation and minimises splatter.
4. mix 400g sugar, 2tsp of mustard and 2 tsp curry with 60ml of easy sauce. Add to tomato mixture. Cook for another 10 minutes 100C on speed 1.
5. mix flour and water together in a small bowl. Stop TMX and pour in through lid. Stir in with spatula and then cook for another 15 minutes 100C on speed 1. This will thicken the sauce.
6. take steamer basket off lid and replace MC. Blend for 1:30 on speed 9. Slowly making your way from 1 to 9.
7. Pour into jars and tighten lid. turn jar upside down. This will heat the lid and create a seal. sit on bench to cool. Store in a cool dry place, out of direct light.
This is done at the same time as the steps for the sauce.
place remaining tomato, onion and salt into a large heavy based pot. Bring to boil and turn to simmer, uncovered for 40minutes. Stiring occasionally
add Ezy sauce, mustard and sugar mixture, stir and simmer for another 15 minutes. Stiring occasionally
Add flour and water mixture and stir continually until mixed through. Ensure there are no lumps. Cook for another 15 minutes.
Bottle as per sauce instructions
Preparation for Relish/Sauce
Please use the upmost caution as the bowl is quite full.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate