THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 110 grams dal, mung, Moong Dal
- 170 grams quinoa
- 30 grams Ghee
- 1/3 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/3 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bunches Kale, washed in warm water & roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, washed in warm water & chopped in to cubes
- 1 fresh ginger, 1 inch finger
- 900 grams filtered water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- fresh coriander, for garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place a bowl/sieve on your and weigh off the quinoa and dal.
Rinse thoroughly (quinoa especially as it has saponins which give it a bitter taste)
Add fresh ginger and chop 5 sec, speed 7. Scrape down sides and weigh in ghee and add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and dry ginger . Set 3 min, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Pause here and inhale the beautiful aromas coming from your .
Scrape the bowl base and set another 2 min, 120 degrees, speed 2.
Add carrots, kale and the quinoa and dal. Set 15 minutes, Varoma, speed 2 with your steaming basket in place of measuring cup.
Now, you can slice a little fresh ginger, add boiling water to a cup and sip while this cooks.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Set 30 secs, speed 2.5 and serve up. Top with a squeese of lemon juice and corriander (if you like it).
Quinoa & Mung Dal
Cooking the Khichari
Original recipe from
In Ayurveda, this is a Tri-doshic dish. Meaning all Dosha types will benefit from eating it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Hanne's porcupines
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Green wellness juice
- Lemon Slice