- 3 large cobs of corn
- 1 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk corriander, roots and stem, save the leaves for garnish
- 1 egg
- 100 g SR flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons caster sugar
- cracked black pepper
- canola oil, for frying
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Peel the shallot and cut into quarters. Place in the mixing bowl with the garlic and corriander roots and stem and chop 3 seconds, speed 5.
Remove the corn kernels from the cob by carfeully cutting down the cob. It is easier to do this over a bowl as the kernels have tendency to go everywhere! Place the kernels in the mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down the bowl.
Add the flour, egg, sugar and seasoning (to taste) and mix 5 seconds, speed 4.
Heat enough oil in a deep fry pan to shallow fry the fritters.
Once the oil is hot (you can test this by sittig the end of a wooden utensil in the oil and it if bubbles it is hot) carefully drop spoonfulls of the mixture into the oil, flipping once almost cooked through.
The mixture is very wet, but hold together well when cooked.
Serve for brunch topped with sliced avocado and a poached egg.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Vegan Bounty Bars
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Balinese Pork Curry
- Choc Pecan Slice
- Peach and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Bacon Jam
- Chicken Cheese and Bacon Sausage Rolls
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Variation Limes puff
- Banana Cake (Women's Weekly Recipe)
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce