- 200 grams quinoa red, soaked overnight & rinsed
- 900 grams water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 200 grams beetroot fresh, peeled and quartered
- 1 heirloom purple carrot, peeled and chopped into sizeable pieces
- 1/4 Spanish onion
- 1 crisp pear, cored and quartered
- 1/2 lemon
- 10 grams olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 grams fetta or goats cheese
- 1 large handful of rocket
- 1 handful broken walnuts, (optional)
Fill the jug with 900g of water and 1/2 tsp salt. Pop the rinsed red quinoa into the steamer basket. Place lid and MC on. Cook for 15 minutes on Varoma temperature on Speed 2.
Let the quinoa stand for another 5 minutes with the lid on.
Allow the quinoa to cool for atleast an hour if you can before you add it to the salad.
Throw beetroot, carrot, pear, onion, olive oil and salt pepper into the TM bowl. Place lid and MC in place. Squeeze the lemon juice onto the MC so that the pips do not go into the bowl. Chop on Speed 5 for 1-2 seconds. Repeat on Speed 5 for another 1-2 seconds. Be careful not to over process.
Add as much quinoa back into the bowl as you desire. Leftovers can be added to other dishes. Mix through onon Speed 6 for 5-10 seconds.
Stir rocket and fetta through gently in the serving dish. Garnish with extra fetta and optional walnuts.
Accessories you need
Cheese can be omitted to be Dairy Free.
Purple Carrots are now readily available from most supermarkets. Use orange carrot if you cannot find the purple one. Try and buy organic where possible.
Use leftover quinoa in other dishes.
I prefer red quinoa for this dish, but you are welcome to experiment with other quinoa types.
It is important to soak for atleast 15 minutes and rinse the quinoa before use to remove the saponins.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage