- 50 grams olive oil
- 50 grams balsamic vinegar
- 75 grams Coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 650 grams onions, selection of red, brown and spring onions
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Cut onions into quarters and if using spring onions cut into 3cm lengths place into TM bowl and grate 4 sec/speed 5.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl using your spatuala add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 30min/Varoma/ Speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of MC.
3. Scrape down sides of bowl, add 75 grams of sugar and cook for 5 min/Varoma/Speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of MC.
4. Spoon into a container for later use.
Caramelised Onion - 300grams
Caramelised Onion can be sweetened naturally by using all red onions.
Great for side dishes or fillers in Milcaos.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.