- 2 garlic cloves
- 7 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only, torn or cut into pieces
- 40 g lemon juice
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 500 g water
- 700 g Dutch carrots (approx. 3 bunches), peeled and tops trimmed
- 50-100 g feta cheese, crumbled, for garnishing (see Tips)
- Place garlic and half of the mint leaves into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add lemon juice, oil, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and mix 3 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and weigh carrots into it. Secure Varoma lid and steam 13 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Stir carrots and cook for a further 2-4 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until carrots are cooked to our liking.
- Transfer carrots into a large bowl. Add reserved dressing and gently stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely (approx. 20 minutes). Serve carrots garnished with crumbled feta and remaining mint leaves.
We recommend using Australian or Greek feta in this recipe, as it is a harder style feta and crumbles more easily.
This is a great dish to make ahead for dinner parties or to take to a barbecue.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mash and steamed veg
- Simple Carrot Salad
- Basic White Sauce for 6 people
- Variation Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Fermented cucumbers
- Vegan Brown Rice, Quinoa & Pumpkin Salad
- lchf blueberry red cabbage coleslaw
- Broccolini Salad
- Bean Salad with hazelnut dressing
- Easy Wombok Salad
- Sweet Corn Fritters
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Aussie Apple Pie
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Banana Muffins using leftover Almond Pulp from Almond Milk (vegan)
- Wholemeal and Grain Bread
- Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits