- 200 grams Spiral pasta
- 260 g Jar, (approx 170g drained and sliced*, red and/or yellow capsicums, or you can quarter and roast your own until skin blackens then remove skins and slice!)
- 100 grams Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 60 grams walnuts
- 1 Fresh Basil (Large Handful)
- 1 clove Garlic (small clove)
- 30 grams red wine vinegar (or other vinegars work fine)
- 40 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
Weigh in 1200g Water to TM Bowl
Insert internal simmer basket and weigh in 200g Spiral Pasta. Add a small drizzle of olive oil to avoid the starch 'foam' that can occur when cooking!
Cook pasta according to packet direction time + 6min to allow your water to come to the boil. (ie 11min cook pasta = 17 mins) at 100C, speed 4. * because pasta can prone to sticking together as the expand, I also recomment stopping and stirring midway through cooking time.
Check pasta cooked al dente, otherwise continue for a few minutes more, on 100C, speed 4.
Place pasta in a large serving bowl to cool a little while making the dressing, and then rinse and dry your TM Bowl.
Add clove of garlic to TM Bowl and chop 3 sec, sp 7.
Weigh in remaining dressing ingredients and mix 4 sec, sp 5.
Add dressing to the pasta, along with drained capsicum, and then using your hands crumble walnut pieces as you add them to the bowl, as well as the feta pieces and roughly torn basil leaves.
This is a regullar and my family bbq's - I hope you enjoy!
* Load up your pasta salad with more capsicum (or walnuts/feta for that matter) if you wish! I use the Sandhurst 260g Char-grilled Capsicum jar, but Always fresh Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips comes in 340g. Capriccio Fire Roasted Sweet Red Peppers comes in 450g jars- save the rest for pizza toppers or another recipe on the Recipe Community that requires capsicum! Check the ingredients on the jar, as sometimes it's nice to also use 40g of the oil in place of the oil in this recipe so it doesn't go to waste!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus