- 200 grams cashew nuts
- 30 grams Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
- dashes powdered ginger to taste
- dashes cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 juice 1 lemon
1. Add all ingredients except lemon juice and water to TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 6. Scrape down sides.
2. Add lemon juice and 50 grams of water. Mix for 5 seconds on Speed 5. Scrape down sides. Add more water through the top of the lid while mixing on speed 3 to achieve the desired consistency.
1. Place the kale pieces in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the marinade over. Toss and massage the marinade evenly over the kale with clean hands.
2. If you have a dehydrator, scatter the marinaded kale chips onto the dehydrator trays. If the mixture is dripping off the leaves, use a Teflex or Paraflexx sheet on your dehydrator tray. Break up large clumps of kale and try to lay them out evenly.
3. Dehydrate at 35-40 deg C overnight. If you used the Teflex or Paraflexx sheets, turn the kale chips out onto the regular dehydrator sheets the next day and dehydrate for a couple more hours until crunchy. Otherwise, test to see if the chips are crunchy. Start enjoying or store in a sealed container for later!
4. If you don't have a dehyrator, you can bake the chips on baking paper lined cookie sheets in a conventional oven at the lowest temperature possible. You may need to cycle the oven on and off to keep the temperature at close to the 35-40 deg C range as possible. Chips will likely be ready in a few hours, but check often to avoid overbaking. When they are crunchy, start enjoying or store in a sealed container for later!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best Ever Chips
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad