- 1000 grams potatoes, cubed
- 150 grams bacon rashers
- 1 onion, quartered
- 20 grams olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 500 grams water
- 200 grams mayonaise
- 15 grams wholegrain mustard
- 10 grams balsamic vinegar
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put bacon and quartered onion into TM bowl. Put on lid and chop on speed 4 for 3 seconds.
2. Cook on 100 deg speed 1 for 3 minutes. Transfer to your salad bowl. You do not need to clean TM bowl.
3. Add 500g water to TM bowl. Put cubed potatoes in Varoma dish and steam for 14 minutes at Varoma temperature, speed 2.
4. Put basket in bowl. Add the 6 eggs and place varoma dish back on lid and steam at varoma temp for 14 minutes, speed 2. Check that potatoes are cooked. They should still be firm but not mushy.
5. Remove basket using TM spatula. Put eggs into cold water immediately until cool enough to handle. Remove shell. Use egg slice to slice or cut in to quarters.
6. Clean TM bowl and then dry. Put all salad ingredients into bowl and mix on speed 3 for 5 seconds.
Accessories you need
Always check your potato before cooking further. Some potato varieties cook faster than others, and mushy potato salad isn't good.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.