- 900 grams Tomatoe's, 5 large or 8 small
- 100 gram brown onion, 1 Large or 2 Medium
- 20 grams dried thyme, Approx
- 320 grams white long grain rice
- 275 grams water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Quarter Tomatoe's and set aside
Peel and cut onion in half and place in bowl for 3 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down the sides of bowl and add 40g of Butter then saute for 3 minutes, Varoma, speed 1.
Add Rice and saute for 1 minute , varoma, , speed 1.5. once finished scrape sides and stir removing any rice that may be stuck to bottom of bowl.
Add 20g Butter, 20g Thyme, Tomatoe's, Water and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for 13 minutes, 100 degree's, , speed 1.5.
Place the basket on the top.
Once cooked pour out and place into thermoserver until you are ready to eat.
Serve with Fish , Chicken or BBQ meat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Japanese milk bread