- 1000 g potatoes, cubed 2-3cm
- 6 portion mixed fresh vegetables
- 30 g Butter
- 1 level teaspoons salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Fill the jug with water to the 1L mark
2. Place simmering basket inside with cubed potatoes. Can fit up to 1kg, adjust to requirement
3.Place lid on, and varoma into position if steaming meat (pop meat in ensuring there are steam vents uncovered). 25 min varoma sp 2.
4. When there is 15 mins remaining, stop machine, pop veg in around varoma, and restart the machine with the remaining time.
5. Check the meat is cooked and potatoes are soft. Invert varoma lid as a tray to catch water, remove varoma and sit inside inverted lid. Using spatula, remove simmering basket carefully, discard water from jug.
6. Insert butterfly, add potatoes back in , along with butter and salt. Mash 40sec speed 4 (never leave unattended when mashing) or until desired consistency. You can add a little dash of milk if needed but i find there is enough moisture and it can make it gluey.
if your mash is lumpy, cut the potatoes smaller, if it is gluey it could be overwhipped, too much liquid or just the variety of potato you are using. The variety makes a huge difference with Thermomix mash. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramelised onion jam
- KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Spring Onion pancake
- Savoury pikelets for school lunches
- Mustard Potatoes
- Ph@tt compatible Broccoli Salad
- Quick Pickled beets
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Apple and sage sauce
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Gingerbread house