- 1000 g potatoes, cubed 2-3cm
- 6 portion mixed fresh vegetables
- 30 g Butter
- 1 level teaspoons salt
Recipe is created for
- 1. Fill the jug with water to the 1L mark
2. Place simmering basket inside with cubed potatoes. Can fit up to 1kg, adjust to requirement
3.Place lid on, and varoma into position if steaming meat (pop meat in ensuring there are steam vents uncovered). 25 min varoma sp 2.
4. When there is 15 mins remaining, stop machine, pop veg in around varoma, and restart the machine with the remaining time.
5. Check the meat is cooked and potatoes are soft. Invert varoma lid as a tray to catch water, remove varoma and sit inside inverted lid. Using spatula, remove simmering basket carefully, discard water from jug.
6. Insert butterfly, add potatoes back in , along with butter and salt. Mash 40sec speed 4 (never leave unattended when mashing) or until desired consistency. You can add a little dash of milk if needed but i find there is enough moisture and it can make it gluey.
Accessories you need
if your mash is lumpy, cut the potatoes smaller, if it is gluey it could be overwhipped, too much liquid or just the variety of potato you are using. The variety makes a huge difference with Thermomix mash. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Twice baked potatoes - under development
- Chicken, zucchini, haloumi fritters
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Variation Potato Bake
- Gravy (like KFC potato & gravy)
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- Simple Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
- South Pacific Raita
- Frenisian Slaw
- Vegan potato bake with browned onions
- Melbourne Mash
- Amaretti with Cherry on Top
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Dill Sauce
- Variation Weekender Biscuits
- Beetroot & Chocolate cake (GF & refined sugar free)
- Lemon Curd
- Pumpkin spice margarita
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lemon Yogurt Cake