- 1000 g potatoes, cubed 2-3cm
- 6 portion mixed fresh vegetables
- 30 g Butter
- 1 level teaspoons salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Fill the jug with water to the 1L mark
2. Place simmering basket inside with cubed potatoes. Can fit up to 1kg, adjust to requirement
3.Place lid on, and varoma into position if steaming meat (pop meat in ensuring there are steam vents uncovered). 25 min varoma sp 2.
4. When there is 15 mins remaining, stop machine, pop veg in around varoma, and restart the machine with the remaining time.
5. Check the meat is cooked and potatoes are soft. Invert varoma lid as a tray to catch water, remove varoma and sit inside inverted lid. Using spatula, remove simmering basket carefully, discard water from jug.
6. Insert butterfly, add potatoes back in , along with butter and salt. Mash 40sec speed 4 (never leave unattended when mashing) or until desired consistency. You can add a little dash of milk if needed but i find there is enough moisture and it can make it gluey.
if your mash is lumpy, cut the potatoes smaller, if it is gluey it could be overwhipped, too much liquid or just the variety of potato you are using. The variety makes a huge difference with Thermomix mash. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- Caramilk Cheesecake
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Cheesecake - Basic mix
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice