- 2 --- Cups Split peas
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate soda
- 60 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cream
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- Boiling water for soaking, Enough to cover peas by 1 inch
- 150g water for boiling
24h 15minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pour peas into a bowl, pour boiling water over peas until peas are covered by approximately 1 inch of water, add bicarbonate soda and stir through.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours upto 24 hours
Rinse before cooking
Add butter to the bowl and melt 2 minutes/50°c/ speed 3
Add peas and 150g water, salt and pepper cook 12 minutes/90°c/speed 2 with simmering basket on top
Add worcedtershire sauce and cream cook for a further 2 minutes/90°c/[counterclock
Prepare day at least 8 hours prior
This recipe is absolutely delicious and worth the extra effort of soaking peas overnight. Its just like the peas you get on your pie at the bakery.
Tatse as you go. Peas are ready once they lose their bite and still holds a peak.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME
- Horseradish cream Taela-Made
- Colcannon (Irish Mash Potato) Taela-Made
- Bearnaise Sauce Taela-Made
- Corn Fritters Taela-Made
- Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Taela-Made
- Lemon Garlic Myrtle Chicken Taela-Made
- Onion Rings Taela-Made
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Creamy Garlic Prawn & Zucchini linguine Taela-Made
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Pizza bread rolls Taela-Made
- Chile Con Queso Dip Taela-Made
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)