- 2 --- Cups Split peas
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate soda
- 60 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cream
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- Boiling water for soaking, Enough to cover peas by 1 inch
- 150g water for boiling
24h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pour peas into a bowl, pour boiling water over peas until peas are covered by approximately 1 inch of water, add bicarbonate soda and stir through.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours upto 24 hours
Rinse before cooking
Add butter to the bowl and melt 2 minutes/50°c/ speed 3
Add peas and 150g water, salt and pepper cook 12 minutes/90°c/speed 2 with simmering basket on top
Add worcedtershire sauce and cream cook for a further 2 minutes/90°c/[counterclock
Prepare day at least 8 hours prior
This recipe is absolutely delicious and worth the extra effort of soaking peas overnight. Its just like the peas you get on your pie at the bakery.
Tatse as you go. Peas are ready once they lose their bite and still holds a peak.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Horseradish cream Taela-Made
- Colcannon (Irish Mash Potato) Taela-Made
- Bearnaise Sauce Taela-Made
- Corn Fritters Taela-Made
- Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding Taela-Made
- Lemon Garlic Myrtle Chicken Taela-Made
- Onion Rings Taela-Made
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Creamy Garlic Prawn & Zucchini linguine Taela-Made
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Pizza bread rolls Taela-Made
- Chile Con Queso Dip Taela-Made
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake