- 500 grams potatoes chopped, peeling optional
- 125 grams Milk
- 25 grams Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Add butter and salt and mash for 20-30 seconds MAXIMUM, (meaning, do not mash for longer than 30 seconds), speed 3 until desired consistency is achieved. DO NOT OVERWHIP as you will end up with a claggy consistency.
NOTE the "mashing time" will depend on the size you dice your potatoes and how well cooked/mushy they are. I start with 20 seconds, check the consistency, and if still lumpy continue to 30 seconds.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE RECIPE (INCLUDING NOTES AND TIPS) BEFORE STARTING :)
Accessories you need
This is a half quantity for 2-3 people. If you want a larger portion then double it to use 1000g potatoes and 250g milk, and cook for 20-25 minutes.
I use this method with all types of potatoes and have never failed.
For a creamier, more indulgent mash, use half cream, half milk, or all cream instead of milk.
Parmesan cheese and fresh chives can be added for extra flavour.
** Please leave a comment and rating if you try my recipe - I appreciate all feedback **
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- Chocolate Rum and Raisin Icecream
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Jilly’s No Fail Rum Balls
- Satay Chicken Sauce