- 500 grams potatoes chopped, peeling optional
- 125 grams Milk
- 25 grams Butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add butter and salt and mash for 20-30 seconds MAXIMUM, (meaning, do not mash for longer than 30 seconds), speed 3 until desired consistency is achieved. DO NOT OVERWHIP as you will end up with a claggy consistency.
NOTE the "mashing time" will depend on the size you dice your potatoes and how well cooked/mushy they are. I start with 20 seconds, check the consistency, and if still lumpy continue to 30 seconds.
PLEASE READ THE WHOLE RECIPE (INCLUDING NOTES AND TIPS) BEFORE STARTING :)
This is a half quantity for 2-3 people. If you want a larger portion then double it to use 1000g potatoes and 250g milk, and cook for 20-25 minutes.
I use this method with all types of potatoes and have never failed.
For a creamier, more indulgent mash, use half cream, half milk, or all cream instead of milk.
Parmesan cheese and fresh chives can be added for extra flavour.
** Please leave a comment and rating if you try my recipe - I appreciate all feedback **
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- (LCHF) LOW CARB BACON CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Sugar Cookies
- Easter Egg Buns
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage