- 500-600 grams Beetroot, unpeeled and untrimmed
- 1.2 litres water
- 250 grams red wine vinegar
- 125 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons Whole Black Peppercorns
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Wash and scrub beetroot thoroughly. Leave skin, top and tail on. Only cut to reduce the size to fit the Simmering Basket. Otherwise leave whole. Place into the Simmering Basket.
- Add remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl.
- With the Simmering Basket, lid (obviously) and MC in place, cook for 30mins|100°C|sp2. If you are using jars to store, place the Varoma Basket on top instead of the MC, and put your jars upside down and lids there to sterilise.
- test the beetroot with a knife, and remove if tender. If not, continue to cook for another 10mins|100°C|sp2. If still not tender, continue to cook for a futher 5 mins. Keep going until it is cooked.
- When cooked, remove the basket from the , and allow to cool down. Keep the liquid from the bowl
- When cool enough, top and tail beetroot. Use a paper towel to rub/peel skin off. Slice the beetroot and put into the sterilised jars. Pour a bit of the cooking liquid to just cover the beetroot.
I was given a bag full of enormous beetroot, and had to do this about five times. I just poured enough hot vinegar liquid to cover the beetroot; poured the rest into a large measuring jug, put the bowl back onto the base, pushed the scale button, poured the hot vinegar liquid back into the bowl. then I topped up to the 1200ml again. Put another slug of vinegar, a few more peppercorns, and another teaspoon of sugar in each time.
With the jars, if the lid doesn't pop/seal tight, you will need to freeze the filled jars, or sterilise the cooktop way.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Pork floss
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Raspberry & Rosewater Vodka
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara