- beetroot fresh, Cooked and sliced
- 360 grams water
- 700 grams vinegar, white
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place water,vinegar,sugar and all the spices into.
Cook 12 mins 100 degrees speed 1.
Then 2 mins 80 degrees speed 1.
Allow to cool then strain.
Pack sliced beetroot into jars to the top and pour in liquid.
This makes about a litre of liquid. I use Fowler jars to preserve but this will keep for quite a while in the fridge as well. This was enough to cover my bucket of beetroot from our vege garden. I just cooked mine in a big pot but you could steam a smaller amount in the varoma. We grow the cylinder shaped beetroots from seed, fits beautifully into jars.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Frittata pizza and quiche meet!!
- Warm Potato & Frankfurt Salad
- Red Curry Pork Balls with Cucumber Dipping Sauce
- Pumpkin and Potato Soup with Curry and Bacon
- Silverside, vegetables and mustard sauce
- Chow Mein - Hubby Style
- Stewed Apples
- Stuffing for Roast Chicken
- Tuna Patties
- Bbq - marinated chicken
- Healthy Muesli
- Family Favourite Pasta Bake
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding