- 400 grams chickpea, dried
- 1 level teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1.5 litres water
9h 0minPreparation 8h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Add 400g of dry chickpeas to a bowl.
2. Cover dry chickpeas with water.
3. Add 1tsp of bicarbonate of soda and mix.
4. Soak overnight.
5. Insert blade cover.
6. Add soaked chickpeas.
7. Add 1.5L of water (DO NOT EXCEED MAX LINE).
8. Set for 60 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse slowest speed (mixing speed).
9. Once cooked you can use the chickpeas in your favourite dishes immediately or simply store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. When storing chickpeas in the freezer I like to reserve some of the liquid.
SEHAM’S COOKED CHICKPEAS
Accessories you need
After 1 hour chickpeas will be able to be squashed between the fingers. For a softer consistency prolong cooking time.
Amount can be halved, remember to reduce cooking time by 20%.
This recipe cannot be doubled as it will exceed the max line in the mixing bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Italian Semolina Bread