- 1 litre water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 eggs
- 2 - 4 chicken breasts
- TMX vege stock paste or chicken stock paste
- fresh parsley a few
- lemon zest, peeled, optional
- 2 spring onions
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- lemon or lime juice to serve
- mixed veggies for the soup
- 2tbs coconut oil
- olive to drizzle on top, to taste/optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place lemon zest, parsley, spring onions & garlic into the TM bowl chop for 20 secs speed 10. Add the coconut oil & cook for 2 mins varoma speed 1. Add the stock paste into the bowl.
Cut chicken breasts in half & place into the simmering basket inside the TM bowl. Cover the chicken with water.
Place 12 eggs on the bottom level of the Varoma
Place veggies in Varoma tray, place lid on bowl then place Varoma into position.
Set time 30 mins on Varoma speed 2.
Ensure chicken is cooked through, then allow to cool.
Carefully place eggs aside in a container.
Pour liquid broth/water into the Thermoserver with the steamed veggies. Place chicken in TM bowl and shred on reverse for 4 seconds on speed 4.
You can add some or all of the shredded chicken to your veggie soup & drizzle olive oil over with some lime or lemon juice.
Or you can use the shredded chicken in a salad.
Eggs are a perfect protein snack by themselves or to add to salads.
If you prefer you eggs cooked less you can remove them earlier - cooking time for veggies will depnd on how smal the pieces are.
Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
Accessories you need
Created for The 3rd Age Women Workshop: ‘Feed Your Body, Mind and Soul’
Try adding cream or cocnut cream to the broth at the end - YUM!!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Thermie Green Scrambled Eggs
- Grant's Green Sauce
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Indian rice pudding
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)